If you have a messy closet, your whole room can feel off, and putting outfits together can be difficult when you can’t find what you’re looking for. Organizing your wardrobe can be a little overwhelming, so follow these tips to achieve an orderly, well-maintained closet.
- Donate or get rid of any clothing items that you haven’t worn in more than two years.
- Keep out-of-season clothes in large plastic bins and place them under your bed or on high shelves to make space for items that you’ll be reaching for during that time of year.
- Use a shoe hanger to place over your closet door to free up some floor or shelf space.
- Hang your most worn items at eye level where you can see them.
- Keep your folded clothes and accessories neat and tidy by using shelf dividers.
- Hang hooks inside your closet for extra storage space. These are great for jackets and will clear up a lot of space for your clothes.
- Color-code your clothes so you’ll know exactly where everything is when you need it.
20 Ways to Organize Your Bedroom Closet [Apartment Therapy]
The Experts Spill Their Tips For A Clean, Well-Organized Closet [Who What Wear]
How to Organize A Lot of Clothing in Very Little Closet Space [Lifehacker]